Flt Lt Egging, 33, was killed when his Hawk crashed on the way back to Bournemouth Airport after the Red Arrows display at the Bournemouth Airshow earlier today. I’m sure I don’t need to say anything too much about how awesome the Red Arrows are – in many people’s minds the best military air display team in the world.
Footage suggests that Flt Lt Egging, a Harrier pilot who had served in Afghanistan, crashed after attempting to steer his plane away from houses. The MOD have not confirmed but it is believed that his Hawk jet suffered a malfunction.
- Red Arrow crashes after air display (mirror.co.uk)
- Red Arrow plane crashes near Bournemouth Airport after air show display (mirror.co.uk)
- You: Red Arrows jet crashes after Bournemouth air show (guardian.co.uk)
- Red Arrows jet crashes during England air show: report (ctv.ca)
- A Red Arrow Jet Has Crashed In Bournemouth (news.sky.com)
- U.K. defense: Red Arrows plane incident under investigation (cnn.com)
- Red Arrow jet crashes after Bournemouth Air Festival (telegraph.co.uk)
- Red Arrow aircraft crashes in Bournemouth (independent.co.uk)