I’m very pleased to announce that I have just signed a contract with my publishers, The History Press, for my next book, ‘Portsmouth’s World War One Heroes’.
At present we are aiming for publication in late 2013, in time for the Great War Centenary in 2014. Obviously I am writing it as we speak and I do not want to give too much away, but it’s going to be like my previous book, but longer; and with the wealth of sources available for the First World War I have been able to go into a lot more depth. It will include some individual stories, stories of battles and units, a look at Portsmouth in 1914 and how the fallen of the Great War were remembered in the town. As with my previous book, most of these stories have never been told before.
- The Home Front during the Great War (dalyhistory.wordpress.com)
- Portsmouth-based soldier’s 1914 VC sells for Â£276,000 (dalyhistory.wordpress.com)
- Recognising the Portsmouth Pals Battalions (dalyhistory.wordpress.com)
- The Heritage of the Great War / First World War 1914-1918. (ilovehistoryandresearch.wordpress.com)
- Duke researchers look to World War I soldiers for clues about traumatic brain injuries (newsobserver.com)