Looking for someone to help with something history related? I have a unique combination of skills, experience and qualifications to help you with your history needs!
- Family Tree Research – want to do your family history but not sure where to start? Or hit an impasse and need help tracing ‘missing’ ancestors?
- Military Service Records – I have researched thousands of servicemen, from all services, spanning 1900 onwards
- Visiting archives and libraries – I have a wealth of experience of working in archives, locally in the Portsmouth area but also further afield, such as the National Archives
- Researching and writing text for exhibitions – I have written text for exhibition at the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth
- Appearing on Radio or TV - looking for somebody young, dynamic and engaging? I have appeared as a studio guest with BBC Radio Solent on their Saturday Breakfast Show, and on Angel FM
- Lectures and workshops – I give a wide variety of talks, or can devise a new talk for your group. I can also deliver workshops, tailor made for your needs
- Reviewing books and exhibitions – I have reviewed hundreds of books, and have worked in museums for most of my career
- Proofreading – I have written my own best-selling book, and also written numerous articles
- General consultancy – I’m willing to help with any other area where you think an expert historian might be able to assist!
Rates depend on a lot of factors such as the time involved, any travel or other expenses. Rather than me try and give a rough outline of fees, it might be better for you to email me via the ‘Contact Me’ page and give me an idea of what you would like me to do, and I can give you a tailored quote.